Filing of Documents

Another common question we get is, what types of documents must be filed with the County Clerk’s office. This matter is addressed in Texas Property Code 202.006 and applies to both Condominiums and Single Family Homes. An Association must file all dedicatory instruments in the real property records in the county where the real property is located. They have no effect unless filed.

Dedicatory Instruments include:
1. Every document governing the establishment, maintenance, or operation of an Association;
2. Declarations;
3. Restrictive Covenants;
4. Bylaws
5. Rules and Regulations; and
6. Any amendments to the above.

As a good rule of thumb, when in doubt, file the document.